Happy New Year - 2010



Another year behind me, another year full of promise and opportunity.
First for the old stuff. Well, it's over and done with. What is done, is indeed, done. Nothing I can do about it now.

Looking forward for the first time in a very very long time. Mostly I believe it is because I finally found someone I can believe in. Someone that loves me and doesn't just pay lip service to that, but actually shows me, and most especially, shows me in the ways that matter most to me. Because that's just who he is. A kind, considerate, sweetheart and loves me for me and despite all my faults and shortcomings. I have nothing to offer him but myself, and he asks for nothing but my love and attention. Because he knows I detest obligatory presents, especially where associated with a certain date on the calendar (birthdays, Christmas, etc.) he asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told him "you". So, you know what he did? He set a day we both had off aside to treat my inner Princess. He spent the day indulging me. Gave me a pedicure, took me to dinner, took me shopping, we cuddled for hours, and generally made me feel wonderful. Now, I ask you, what price could one put on that? Not to forget to also give him kudos because he understands the simple concept of "treat me kindly all year round and spare me the expensive gifts in lieu". I don't care for diamonds (hate to think someone might have lost an arm so I can have a shiny thing), or flowers (they die) or chocolates (well, maybe if they are Godiva chocolates ;), but you get the idea. His love is priceless and worth more than all the oil left in the Gulf.

So, 2010 brings with it many new important changes. My Imzadi is moving in with me (officially) in February. We are hoping that I might have one good egg left in me and with lots of loving, we can start our family. Now there is a notion I never thought I would have. I mean kids are great, I love them, especially when they are someone else's, but I never had this overwhelming urge to do any of the traditional stuff, i.e. marriage, kids, mortgage, etc. Guess it was a matter of finding the right person, finding my Imzadi. Now I find myself day dreaming about what might be. And let's be honest, "trying" to make a family is sure a fun process. ;)

To those people who came before him, you know who you are (Frankiie, Zhenya, James) all I can say is, "you had the same fair chance everyone else did, including my soul mate, but you chose to not treat me well". It wasn't circumstances or misunderstandings or miscommunication, or anything other than your complete and utter disregard for me and my needs, wants and feelings. And time after time you opted to treat me with no regard or consideration, but still have the balls to IM or email me "I want another chance". That's all you know how to do, is take. "I want, I want." What about what I wanted or needed? No thanks, you have proven yourself and you have nothing worthy to offer me. Please delete me from your contacts, I will simply ignore you going forward (the IM ignore list is ever expanding), because time is precious and I will not waste another single second on those that don't deserve my love, kindness and attention.

To my new friends, you know who you are (Kim, Pip, Tiff) I just want you know how much you are cherished and appreciated. I look forward to many more great times together in 2010 and going forward.

To my soulmate, agori mou, I adore you. To use an overused movie line, but the only words that really describe how I feel when we are together "You complete me". I miss you when you are out of sight and I often have to fight the urge to call you up just to hear your voice. You made me hope again and have faith in people and romantic relationships. I look forward to all the amazing things we will do together in 2010 as well as the rest of my life.

All the best to everyone in the coming new year!!