Why??



You are right, that is often my question about anything, and it's true, I am always curious about the motivation surrounding people's actions, and this also applies to my behaviour. Lately I have been having some rather unpleasant experiences in my personal life and have been pondering this very question. Why? More along the lines of "why do I put up with this?" Though truth be told I have an ever-shrinking fuse and don't bother twice with time wasters or non-fits. As well as the question "why me?" After all this is me we're talking about, your friendly, outgoing, highly empathic BFF. Why all these negative experiences? Don't need to be anymore cynical, all stocked up there.
I have been pondering and I think I might have stumbled across a possible answer, or at least one I can live with. Gratitude and appreciation for when I find the right fit. Life is weird like that, we often don't recognize a gem when we see it, perhaps until we've seen enough coal and scat to appreciate the differences.
So, I am thinking that given the year from hell I have had, not to mention the previous decade of two non-fitting LTRs, I am due for that right fit to come along.
Thinking also that to further inrease my probability of success, I am also going to employ the reverse Murphy's Law. If you're unfamiliar with that, it's kind of a reverse psychology thing. In the new year, I will stop looking, and just let whatever will be, be.
Indeed this is a proposition that has no downside as far as I can see.